Friday, September 11, 2009

Eight years.........




We make gruesome, blood filled, violent movies and we do not watch the horrific, painful events that occurred that day. What is wrong with us as a nation? I do not relish those images. I watch them for the same reason I viewed the Daniel Pearl video. So I will NEVER, EVER, EVER forget what they did to us and what we NEED to do to them. I was a Continent away in the west.....I smelled nothing. I heard nothing. I saw nothing. But for the images captured on tape, it was far away from me. I pray to GOD I never get closer.
We need to keep vigilant if we are to stave off these types of attacks into the future. Bush wanted to keep us safe.....and he did. Obama does not seem to have the same gut level instinct to protect the nation he has sworn to protect. Palosi down right opposes its protection. For generations our sons and now daughters have taken an oath to. They do not flinch from it but go headlong into the danger so I can sit comfortably at this keyboard, sipping a latte and airing my opinions. I bless them for keeping me safe these years and I extend my sympathies to all of those lost, and all of those who lost someone, 8 --- yes eight years ago this day.

No comments: